Xstress G2 / G2R X-ray diffractometers represents advances in design and construction, which provide enhanced reliability and function in a truly portable X-ray stress analyzer.
It is small, lightweight, accurate and safe X-ray diffractometer for measuring residual stresses and retained austenite contents.
- Measurements are possible in difficult conditions like inside a storage tank, in a pipeline or up on a scaffolding.
- Easy to use system can also be integrated to production line for quality control.
- With XTronic software all measurement results are easy to understand.
- Quick assembly, ready to use in 10 minutes
- Two symmetrically positioned MOS position sensitive detectors. Angular resolution: 0.03°–0.06°/pixel 2θ-angle.
- Instantly adjustable 2θ-angle.
- 2θ-range of the detectors is continuously adjustable within +100° to 165°.
- X-ray tube: Max output 30 kV/10 mA/300 W; Cr, Cu, Co, Fe, V, Ti, Mn. Cr-tube provided as a standard. Tube can be replaced in less than ten minutes without special tools.
- Replaceable collimator, to provide 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 millimeter spot sizes. Special collimators available as an option.
- Measurement distance 50 mm.
X3000 main unit
- X-ray power supply 5–30 kV/0–10 mA freely adjustable within limits.
- High voltage generator.
- Self-contained liquid cooling system.
- Includes all interlocks required for complete safety.
- Universal power input.
- Ready for use in field, factory or laboratory.
- A Microsoft Windows-compatible application with a powerful performance level.
- One program for the user interface including measurement setup, data analysis and machine control.
- Simple Ethernet connection for control PC.
- Provides user-friendly, menu-driven operations.
- d-sin²χ measurement mode.
- Ω-measurement mode.
- retained austenite measurement mode.
- libraries for material parameters.
- Project manager.
- Mapping capabilities for automatic measurements.
- Multiple exposure d-sin²χ and Ω-modes; peak shift calculation by cross-correlation and several other methods.
- Library functions for material and measurement parameters.
Meets or exceeds ANSI N43.3 - 1993 and other industry standards for open beam X-ray operation, including:
- Fail-safe “X-rays on” and “shutter open” lights.
- Automatic shutdown if shutter stuck, remains open or removed; if X-ray tube shielding is loose or removed; if coolant temperature is too high or flow disturbed.
- Four Peak Retained Austenite Testing.
- φ-rotation –180° to +180° with φ-oscillation (G2R).
- χ-inclination –45° to +60°.
- Extended detector window 30°.